Thoughts from an active pensioner who is now somewhat past his Biblical "Use-by date"

"Why just be difficult, when with a little more effort you can be bloody impossible?"



Saturday 23 April 2011

St George's Day


Today is England's Saint's Day
Today is St George's Day

So we've  Hung out the Flags

Large and Small
 
Not a mention of St George on the BBC, or even in my Newspaper
(but then what should I expect!)

And if the flags upset the people living opposite, who are of non-European descent,
that's their problem, not mine.

2 comments:

  1. I understand St George's Day is now Monday EP because the CoE manny says Good Friday takes precedence. Have a wee look at Cranmer's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that I listen to the CoE these days now that there's a Druid in charge, and I live within the Oxford D1ocese.
    And still no mention of St George's day in the media!

    ReplyDelete