Thoughts from an active pensioner who is now somewhat past his Biblical "Use-by date"

"Why just be difficult, when with a little more effort you can be bloody impossible?"



Friday 21 January 2011

Andy Coulson Goes

I'm unsure whether I am pleased or annoyed that Andy Coulson has resigned as the prime minister's communications chief.
On one hand, I've never believed that he had no idea about what was going on at the News of the World. Even, if he didn't order the phone tapping, or even drop hints suggesting that it might be a good idea, I cannot believe that he knew nothing. When I had staff, if someone did a good job, I would have been quite likely to say something like "that's well done, how did you manage to fix it so quickly" or something similar when they returned from repairing some equipment. I cannot imagine a newspaper boss, when someone comes in with a scoop, not saying something like "this is great, how did you manage to get it". Its an immediate thank-you to staff.
On the other hand, I dislike anyone being hounded out of a post by the media, although at least he can say he has had experience in this field and must expect to be a victim of  "dog eat dog". But I do believe that he was doing a good job for the Prime Minister, and sections the media is bound to put further pressure on David Cameron for having employed him in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment